The process of moving out and settling into a new place can be complex and expensive. When planning a moving budget, there are a variety of costs to expect, as well as some surprise expenses. If you want your move to go as smoothly as possible, it’s vital to have a solid budget in place and to stick to it closely to avoid unnecessary and avoidable expenses.
The main things you must budget for before any move are:
- Transportation costs
- Moving costs for either self-moving or hiring professional movers
- Packing materials, and
- Surprise expenses after moving to your new place
What to Know before Getting a Mover’s Estimate
Most moving companies charge for their services based on several factors, such as:
- Distance. The farther you’re moving, the more it will cost.
- The amount of stuff you’re moving and what it is – a piano will likely cost more.
- Packing services. If you pack your own stuff and just have the movers handle furniture and boxes, you might save a bit of money on this aspect of your moving contract.
Once you’ve decided on a moving company, make sure you feel confident about your service agreement and ask for as much detail as possible when it comes to the moving company’s billing.
RELATED ARTICLE: Understanding How a Moving Company Charges
Expect the Unexpected
Depending on how far you’re going, how much stuff you need to move, and how many people are moving with you, you may have to hit the ground running with a new routine shortly after moving into your new place. A few of the most common yet often unexpected expenses of moving include:
- Utility startup fees to get your water, power, and internet turned on in your new place.
- Basic household supplies. You may have thrown out or lost items you need for your move that you’ll need to purchase once you arrive at your destination.
- Extra cash for takeout. After a long day of moving to a new place and with most of your things still in boxes, you’ll probably be ready to order some takeout for dinner the first night or two in your new place.
Are you ready for a stress-free move with a professional moving company? Perrysburg Moving and Hauling can handle any size move over short or long distances with transparent billing and reliable service. Schedule an appointment with our team in one of three ways:
How Do I Book an Appointment for a Winter Move?
Are you ready to book your winter move with us? Simply schedule an appointment with us in one of three ways:
- Fill out our online contact form
- Email us at PerrysburgMoving@gmail.com
- Call or text us at (419) 740-1005
Have a stress-free moving day and contact Perrysburg Moving today